What is a meta tag?
A meta tag is a small piece of text that describe a websites content. These tags are not visible, but rather the are added into the websites code to help search engines crawlers to understand what your site is about. meta tags are one of the fundamentals of SEO.
Though google had changed their algorithm this last year, despite popular belief meta tags still have been proven to help you rank better. If you are not a website designer or you have no experience in website design this may be a bit advanced for you. If your ok with web design and you have basic coding skills you can probably do this yourself. Below we will teach you how to add a meta tag if your site does not have an automated box for you to ad them.
How Do I Create and Use a Meta Tag?
1. You will have to edit the sample meta tag below. Follow along and we will walk you through this process.
A. Fill out the first old line with the description of your page.
B. Fill out the second bold line with your keywords.
C. Fill in the 3rd bold word with your name!
2. When your done placing your page information into the meta tag copy the tag.
3. Log in to the Web hosting account provided to you by your hosting company.
4. In the text editor, open the Website page you would like to add the meta tags to.
5. Either ad the file if the require a file or simply paste the code in the code editor!
If you have any questions on how this works or if you get stuck, feel free to reach out to our team we would love to help!